The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 3,800 times in 2011. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 3 trips to carry that many people.
Click here to see the complete report.
What’s your Something Blue? Find out at our boutique wedding event in Los Gatos on 5.12.11
Got a chance to go to the SF Gift Fair this month for the first time. It was so cool and so HUGE! It was at the Moscone Center and took several hours to cover! Phewwwww! Next time I gotta spread it out over a couple days. There were a ton of cool vendors including a ribbon company that I will now be buying all my supplies from!
Also found out about a funny company that makes recycyled paper goods from poo…yes thats right #2! HAhahahahah too funny! Check out all the other stuff I saw like tea cups, stiletto make-up brush holders and hand made hankies! Can’t wait till next year too!
I love, love, loving doing anything I can for a good cause. I was recently asked by a friend I made in zumba if I would like to donate to her charity auction for the school she directs. I was more than happy to take part in my second charity auction! For this giveaway I created gift cards and offered people $100.00 towards free calligraphy and $50.00 towards favors. I placed the gift cars in my signature heart-shaped box along with two heart-shaped espresso cups and saucers.
Can’t wait to meet the lucky winner!
Check out For My Sweet P’s summer ad in The Knot! YAY!
Some Really Cool Wish Upon A Wedding Facts! Check ’em out! Hopefully For My Sweet P can make a wish come true!
- Was founded in San Francisco, CA, in January of 2010, by a group of wedding and business entrepreneurs.
- Is America’s FIRST nonprofit wedding wish granting organization, producing weddings and civil union ceremonies at destinations across the United States for individuals facing terminal illness, regardless of sexual orientation.
- Boasts twenty chapters nationwide, headed by some of the industry’s most renowned leaders.
- Sasha Souza, National
- Kevin Covey, LA/Orange County
- Stella Inserra, New York
- Ivy Robinson, The Carolinas
- Eliana Baucicault, Atlanta
- Mary Alice Sublett, Tennessee
- Heather Hamilton Sims, Houston
- Shelby Tuck Horton, DC
- Elisa Delgardio, Orlando
- Ali Phillips, Chicago
- Daniela Fageʹ́t, Seattle
- Other chapters opening soon: Colorado, Arizona, Portland, Miami, St. Louis, Ohio and Nevada.
- To qualify for Wishes, applicants must be unmarried legal citizens of the United States, over the age of 18, who have been diagnosed with less than three years to live.
- Simply apply online to request one of three wedding types: URGENT (Up to 10 guests, in hospital or at bedside); BOUTIQUE (up to 25 guests, in home town of applicant); ROMANTIC (Up to 50 guests, at any WUW destination)
- Wish Granters needed in all locations. Please apply online today to start helping us make Wedding Wishes come true.
I can truly say this opportunity was beyond a dream come true for me! Something I have crossed off my life list! I had been trying to get tickets to the show for months and in January and boy was it a process! I had to write an essay about my crafting passion, what inspired me and how I got started. Then for the second round I had to answer a ton of questions! Then in the middle of January I got an email saying I had been chosen for tickets!!!!!!!! I just about passed out and lost all consciousness – good thing I was sitting to begin with.
This is something I wanted to do with my sister as she was now living in NY! So I planned a whole trip around it! I arrived in NY and then next snowy early morning we took a cab to the studio on Chelsea. We waited in the freezing wet snow under the Martha awning and I was beyond excited! Once we got in the building it was everything I expected, clean white lines, crisp accent colors, photo’s everywhere and the Martha touch on everything! I took a million photo’s just in the green room and gift shop area – and duh I bought a ton of stuff! An umbrella, t-shirt, hoodie, apron, glitter collection and the craft encyclopedia!!!!!
When we were seated and listening to all the production managers they asked us to fill out yet another sheet of questions – I turned to my sister and said “I know they are going to pick my question for the on-air segment” She looked at me like I was a little bit out of my mind, but I just knew it! And by some amazing stroke of luck out of the 200+ people in the room my question was one of only three that were chosen!!!!!! HOLY SH*T!!!!! This put me in an immediate panic and frenzy to tell everyone I know to make sure they tune in! The whole show I was rehearsing my question in my mind and wondering how to word it all. In an effort to maintain the integrity of the show and my own humbleness I decided not to mention For My Sweet P but just to say my name, location and the word calligraphy hoping people could connect the dots. When we finally came to the last segment of the show I was the closing question! I asked and she answered me with charm and composure – in true Martha form of course. She looked right into my eyes and it was like “OMG I’m on national TV having a conversation with frican Martha Stewart!!!!!!!!!!!”. Anyway it is something that I will remember for the rest of my life and I am so thankful its an experience I got to share with my sister whom I love more than words could ever say 🙂
Wooooohooooooo For My Sweet P is getting some major exposure in The Knot magazine! YAY! Big and gorgeous ad featured in the spring/summer 2010 issue on news stands now!!!